Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Note on my blindness

Yes, it's true that I am mostly blind. This fact has been reported widely in the press, and has been mocked notoriously on Saturday Night Live. This is something that I have lived with, and have to live with daily.

Regardless, this small fact does not impede my decisions as standing governor of New York State, and should not restrict me in any way. The only impediment I see is people not giving me the full respect I deserve, simply because of a disability.

So I ask you now to set this fact aside. Yes, it is difficult for me to see, but it is not difficult for me to see that this state needs some major revisions and amendments. This blog was created by me in an effort to reach out to you, my constituents, across party lines, and ask us to all join together to unify this great state.

To make fun of my disability is a childish thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment